Re: [Nautilus-list] Compiling Nautilus

Jean-Christophe Fargette wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess that somebody else already post the same question...
> I just installed all the latest librairies for gnome 1.4 (beta1) and i tried
> to compile Nautilus (version 0.8) but I have a problem on the "librsvg"
> directory. The problem is the same with the "hourly tarballs".
> Does anyone know this problem ?
>
> By the way, i'm using slackware. I hope i don't have to install RedHat...
> ;-)
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> Jean-Christophe Fargette

Errors compiling librsvg almost always means that you have the wrong
freetype library installed.  I have no clue where to get the right
freetype 2 package for slackware.  You can build it yourself from
source: http://freetype.sourceforge.net, but its extremely painful to
get it right.  The RPM packages of freetype we are using have everything
you need.  If you can get over the detail of violating the purity of
your system with evil RPM stuff, maybe manually unpacking the RPM on
your system is the path of least resistance.  You can fetch it from
here:

http://developer.eazel.com/eazel-hacking/updates/redhat62/freetype2/

But, perhaps something else ?  Please post the compilations error.s

-re