Re: [Nautilus-list] opening a directory in the same window vs. anew window

"Blad, John Erling" wrote:

> >> It does something better than just making each item open in a new
> >> window -- windows are reused if they already point to the
> >> appropriate location.
>
> >> Darin Adler
>
> >From time to time it's useful to have two windows open on the same
> >directory, though-- is there some way to force a second window to be
> >opened, e.g. by holding down some keyboard modifier or something when
> >you click/double-click the folder to open it?
>
> >Cheeri,
> >Calum.
>
> Don't know about others but applications that reuses windows when
> I ask for a new one tend to irritate me. It seems to me that this
> behaviour is most common in Windoze. Often you go to File->New->Window
> and still gets an old one.
>
> John Blad

Both of you guys are in luck!

Nautilus provides a setting to change the default behavior (open in new window
vs. reuse exising one) and a way to override the default in specific instances
("Open in new window" menu item). That should cover different tastes and
preferences on this behavior pretty well.

Pavel