Re: [Nautilus-list] Problem with Nautilus Mozilla binding

Mike & Others:

> I can't reproduce this on my RH6.2 box, but I've seen similar
> deadlocks.  I thought that I'd squeezed them all out, but looking at the
> stack trace, this looks like a genuinely new case.
>
> I've filed bugzilla.eazel.com 6574 on this.
>
> Does it repro consistantly or intermittently?  Does it happen for you on
> other machines?

The problem does happen consistantly, however it only happens on Solaris.
We have a build of the same source code on RedHat Linux and it works fine.

I don't know if you noticed the error log in my last message, but it
contained the following lines near the end:

--error log begin--

   nNCL: registering deferred (0)
   WARNING: chrome: failed to get base url for
     chrome://necko/locale/necko.properties -- using wacky default, file
     nsChromeRegistry.cpp, line 507

   Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
   GFX: dpi=96 t2p=0.0666667 p2t=15 depth=8
   WEBSHELL+ = 1
   WARNING: chrome: failed to get base url for
      chrome://embedding/browser/content/simple-shell.xul -- using wacky
      default, file nsChromeRegistry.cpp, line 507
   WARNING: chrome: failed to get base url for
      chrome://communicator/content/directory/directory.xul -- using wacky
      default, file nsChromeRegistry.cpp, line 507
   WARNING: chrome: failed to get base url for chrome://global/content/xul.css
      -- using wacky default, file nsChromeRegistry.cpp, line 507
   CSSLoaderImpl::LoadSheet: Load of URL 'chrome://global/content/xul.css'
      failed.  Error code: 16389
   WARNING: chrome: failed to get base url for
      chrome://global/skin/scrollbars.css -- using wacky default, file
      nsChromeRegistry.cpp, line 507
   CSSLoaderImpl::LoadAgentSheet: Load of URL
      'chrome://global/skin/scrollbars.css' failed.  Error code: 16389
   Note: verifyreflow is disabled

--error log end--

The two error messages that the load of 'xul.css' and 'scrollbars.css'
failed look bad to me.  These messages appear just before Nautilus hangs,
so I am wondering if it is unable to find these files, or if it is
somehow trying to access old versions of these files.  It seems Mozilla
is having trouble getting the base URL for chrome, but I can't find any
information about how to specify this.  I have been  searing around the
mozilla website, dejanews, altavista, etc., but am not really finding
any ways to set the default chrome URL.  I have also tried putting a
breakpoint in nsChromRegistry.cpp, but gdb keeps complaining that this
file is not visible to the nautilus-mozilla-content-view program.
Any ideas here, or am I running down a dead end?

Thanks much!

Brian Cameron