Re: [Nautilus-list] Where to report bugs these days?

On 22Aug2001 11:12PM (-0700), Josh Steiner wrote:

> First off, thanks to Darin for that I/O document, it definitely helped me
> start to understand nautilus.  On that note, how correct/up-to-date is the
> architechture.txt document?

It's kind of out of date. I will update it. It should probably also be
renamed to nautilus-component-model.txt or something.

> On to my main point, what is the status of the bugzilla for nautilus?
> there are a couple bugs that I would like to report but don't know which
> bugzilla they belong in right now:

Put them in Eazel bugzilla until the transfer is done.

> - If you hit f2 or choose the "rename" menu item while you have a file
> selected, the file swtiches to the name editing mode with the current name
> highlighted.  If you now hit home or one of the arrows, it becomes
> deselected and you have a cursor.  Unfortunately if you hit "end" it does
> not do this, as one would expect.

You should definitely file a report on this bug.

> - When zooming in and out, it would be very nice to have naut keep the
> currently selected file centered in the view... i found myself wanting to
> zoom in to get a closer look at the contents of my text file using the
> ctrl-= key... but the file i was looking at got scrolled off the screen.

This sounds like a nice potential feature addition. I think you should
file it. Right now Nautilus tries to zoom to the center of the area
you are viewing, but this seems to break if you are in any of the
automatic layout modes; perhaps that is worth noting as a separate
bug, although I'm not sure what the right thing is to do when in
automatic layout mode.

 - Maciej