Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Installation-time performerance preference

> Perhaps the notebook widget should switch to tabs-on-the-left when the
> tabs won't fit along the top? This gives a similar appearance to a list
> widget, without implying add/delete/edit semantics like a list widget
> would.

Personally, I agree with the "interface hall of shame" guys on this issue.
After all, who says a list widget has to have add/delete/edit semantics?
There are list widgets everywhere in GNOME, KDE and Windows that don't allow
you to add/delete/edit, so this isn't an issue.

For examples of where lists are infinitely preferable to tabs, see:

http://www.iarchitect.com/mshame.htm

Thanks

Martin