Re: [Nautilus-list] run-nautilus

On Monday, August 20, 2001, at 02:25  PM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

Thanks, that's exactly what I was wanting to change (to add
--no-desktop --no-default-window to the .desktop file).

I'd like to understand the logic behind the use of these options. One of the effects of --no-desktop is to not make the "handle desktop" preference appear at all in the Preferences dialog, and it doesn't do anything is Nautilus is already running. In fact, calling "nautilus --no-desktop --no-default-window" will do absolutely nothing! If Nautilus is already running, it won't do anything. And if Nautilus is not running, it will start and then immediately quit.

I must be missing something.

    -- Darin