Re: [Nautilus-list] Eel-warning: nautilus seg fault

On 05 Aug 2001 11:04:39 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Dick Knol <dknol home nl> writes:
> > Op 05 Aug 2001 09:52:24 +0100, S A Jarrett-Sprague schreef:
> >
> > > What did I do? I can't load nautilus now. I get the following message:
> > >
> > > Eel-Warning **: GConf error: No database available to save configuration:
> > > unable to store a value at key
> > > /apps/nautilus/defaults/novice/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_hidden_files
> >
> > This probably has something to do with GConf. I had it once and got around it
> > by removing my .gconf directory.
> >

> That nuked the lock on the .gconf directory, so the second gconfd
> could create a new .gconf with a new lock. But blowing away all your
> configuration is sort of overkill.
>
> Also, I added an OAF workaround to recent GConf that should reduce
> this problem quite a bit.
>
> Havoc

Very, very strange. I've just shut down the computer and started gnome
again and have no problems.Now I had put nautilus in my start up
programs with a priority of 50. Could this be the cause of the problem?
I.e. if nautilus is drawing the desk-top (which it failed to draw the
first time) does it not like a second call to nautilus to get my home
directory up and running at the start of a session?