[Nautilus-list] Eel-warning: nautilus seg fault

What did I do? I can't load nautilus now. I get the following message:

Eel-Warning **: GConf error: No database available to save configuration:
unable to store a value at key
/apps/nautilus/defaults/novice/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_hidden_files

this is repeated for other directories.

Now as I didn't even know anything about these files, I am 100% certain I haven't tampered with anything. Any ideas how to get nautilus back up and running?