Re: [Nautilus-list] Patch : Mandrake customization in Nautilus

Le 20 Apr 2001 11:34:41 -0700, Darin Adler a écrit :
> Here are my thoughts on the patches:
>
> 1) Patch to do a better job with .gnome-desktop.
>
> For this, I'm going to wait until after Miguel integrates his patch. I think
> his might make yours unnecessary. I'm not sure.

We'll see when Miguel patch lands but I think my patch might still be
interresting when nautilus
is first started and when gmc has never been started..

> 2) Patch to fix problem with URL desktop entries in nautilus-link.c.
>
> I'm rolling this one in today (actually did it differently, but same fix).

Great..

> 3) Patches to not make service items if services are not installed:
>
> These same problems are addressed in a new way in Nautilus 1.0.3 so the
> patches don't apply any more. The services are now in the separate trilobite
> package and there's a clean way to check if they are there. There might be
> some problems still around, but if so we'll have to fix them another way for
> 1.0.3.

Great..

> 4) Patch to add a "--nodesktop" option to Nautilus.
>
> If we do roll this in, we'd call it "--no-desktop". I'm still confused about
> how you use this. You say that KDE users "want to test Nautilus and we don't
> want to hide their desktop, even if their GNOME settings are to use Nautilus
> to display Desktop". So this option is used in menus that show up in KDE,
> but not GNOME?

Take this scenario :
-I'm running GNOME, using Nautilus to draw desktop. No problem.
-Later, I switch to KDE but I still want to run nautilus as simple file
manager
and I don't want it to draw desktop only when started from KDE menu => I
need
a command line option to disable only for next session.

> 5) Patch to remove scrollkeeper-update.
>
> I'd like to hear what Dan Mueth has to say about this. I don't know what the
> issues about "generating rpms as simple user" are.

Ok with Dan's latest patch..

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft