Re: [Nautilus-list] POSIXly Nautilus (was Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories)

Em 13 Apr 2001 20:43:52 -0300, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini escreveu:

> > Hm.
> > So, if all OS in the market are POSIX-compliant, and Nautilus can be
> > ported to any POSIX-compliant system...
> > ...someone can port Nautilus to MacOS X or Windows XP, right? ;-)
>
> anyone can port nautilus to any OS, nautilus is free software.

The fact of being free software doesn't mean that you can port to
whenever OS you want. There are a lot of technical difficulties... It's
not getting Nautilus and port it to, hm, DOS using Desqview.
In a POSIX-only world, I agree with you. But most computers nowadays run
OSs that isn't POSIX-compliant.

--
---
Cesar Cardoso - cesarcardoso ig com br - ICQ 32237133