[Nautilus-list] Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.
- From: "Ian McKellar " <ian eazel com>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- Cc: Ian McKellar <ian eazel com>, nautilus-list eazel com, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: [Nautilus-list] Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:44:24 -0700
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 02:47:51PM -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > Thats gonna kill battery life on laptops - could you make this a preference
> > rather than hard-coded?
> That would be the case if your kernel is MS-DOS, on Unix systems the
> information would be kept in the buffer cache. So unless there are
> changes to the directory, the stat() syscall wont even touch the hard
I shouldn't send email before I have my first espresso. Of course the real
long-term solution to this is Seth's FAM patch :)
] [Thread Prev