Re: [Nautilus-list] File renaming
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>
- To: Manuel Clos <llanero jazzfree com>
- Cc: Steve Fox <drfickle k-lug com>, nautilus list <nautilus-list lists eazel com>
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] File renaming
- Date: 10 Sep 2000 16:56:36 -0700
Manuel Clos <llanero jazzfree com> writes:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > In Nautilus, Ctrl+O is the open/activate keyboard shortcut. Space does
> > not do anything. Actually, I wasn't able to figure out a way to select
> > multiple files with the keyboard at all. Maybe I did not try hard
> > enough.
> > If Enter were not the shortcut for rename, we almost definitly would
> > _not_ pick F2, since we don't use function keys for keyboard shortcuts
> > in Nautilus. I'm not responsible for choosing keyboard bindiings, but
> > I imagine it would be something like Ctrl+R.
> But this has the inconvenience that "Rename" does not begans with "R" in
> other languages ... anyway, I agree with Ctrl+R.
Unfortunately, the same criticism applies to most of our
keybindings. It's apparently somewhat controversial whether keyboard
shortcuts like this should be internationalized.
] [Thread Prev