Re: [Nautilus-list] File renaming

Steve Fox <drfickle k-lug com> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > Right now pressing "Enter" with a file selected will activate renaming
> > (but there is a slight chance we might reconsider and pick a different
> > key as the key binding for rename).
>
> Pressing <Enter>?? That performs the default action on the file, doesn't
> it?

There was some controversy over whether <Enter> should perform the
default action (i.e. open/activate the file) or start renaming. For
now it was decided by our usability experts to go with <Enter> being
the shortcut for rename and see how that works out, because that's how
it works on the Macintosh.

> > In single-click mode, you can select a file by dragging on the icon
> > container background until the selection box includes the file.
>
> I like the looks of that...much more attractive than drawing a simple
> rectangular box around it that other FMs do.

Cool, glad you like it. :-)

Thanks for all the feedback,

Maciej