RE: [Nautilus-list] [OT] Ok here's an idea

These bundles & frameworks - they are pretty close to what was done on
NeXTSTEP. (So, I'm not surprised to see them coming on Mac) There was an
application wrapper that ended in .app, and the file viewer knew that such a
thing was an application bundle. You could open the app directory, see all
the resources (images, and UI bundles called .nib files) and when you
localized an app, all you needed was the .nibs and the tool (interface
builder). Basically, all this was to do Mac-like resources "forks" on a UNIX
file system. (And hey, Bud Tribble's here now, so he knows all this stuff
too)

I, for one, would love to see more systems that: 1) never require the user
to name a file or work with them in any day-to-day way  AND 2) never require
the user to "save" (and never loses user work) (and don't give me the
"revert-to-save" is so handy for people, it's not -- esp. if the fs had
journaling; they would just UNDO). Palm has been pointed to as a good
example, and I think Quicken is pretty good for #2.

cheers,
Kristofer