Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus build sucks.

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Darin Adler wrote:

> > reasons:
> > libnautilus/Makefile.am uses $(prefix)/bin/orbit-idl and
> > $(data)/idl/Bonobo.idl . Both of these are really evil.
> > orbit-idl is 'somewhere' (this was solved in the standard
> > GNOME m4 macros (which nautilus do not use) with
> > GNOME_GNORBA_HOOK which was called by GNOME_INIT.
> > GNOME_GNORBA_HOOK used to call GNOME_ORBIT_HOOK which used
> > to define ORBIT_CONFIG and ORBIT_IDL.)
> > I have no idea of how to solve this with the current hacked
> > gnome.m4 macro file.
>
> I'd love if someone could help us get this right. I'm not an expert on
> automake and the "hacked gnome.m4 macro file" is something we inherited from
> Sopwith.

The "standard GNOME m4 macros" are junk e.g. not intended for inclusion in
third party apps,

Whether to use ORBIT_CONFIG and ORBIT_IDL is up to the makefiles -
ORBit.m4 defines them. If it's that big a deal to you, submit a patch :)

-- Elliot
"Moron of the week" for four years running