Re: [Muine] sputnik 0.0.2 released

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 12:23 +0300, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 19:16 +0200, Erik Grinaker wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 12:41 +0300, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > > - Crashiness during playback (looks like threading issue)
> > >
> > >   Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1dbd4)
> >
> > Likely suspects would be the iradio-handling in gnomevfssrc, try to
> > comment out the iradio-stuff on line 152-156 of src/lib/media.py and see
> > if it helps.
>
> That does seem to fix the problem.
> Are you making sure that the callbacks from the gnomevfssrc (which
> probably lives in a thread, right?) do not directly touch the UI?
> Usually you would queue up events for processing by the main thread.

The callbacks live in a thread, yeah - but they basically just fetch the
iradio metadata and post it on the pipeline bus. The higher layers will
be notified of the bus message in the main thread and handle them there.
So this really shouldn't happen, but apparently it doesn't care about
that :)

I could try to either call the callbacks or do the bus-posting via
gobject.idle_add(). But I don't have this problem myself, fwiw. The only
crashes I see are the Python garbage collector trying to collect an
object multiple times - most likely a gst-python issue.

--
Erik Grinaker <erikg codepoet no>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/

enthusiastic about."