Re: [Muine] sputnik 0.0.2 released

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 12:41 +0300, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> - Crashiness during playback (looks like threading issue)
>
>   Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1dbd4)

Yeah, it does have some crashes, but I think most of them are because of
bugs in gst-python and/or gstreamer itself. All the thread-sensitive
parts of Sputnik uses the gstreamer pipeline bus to communicate with the
rest of the application, which should automagically take care of any
threading issues.

Many of the crashes I used to see were solved by upgrading gstreamer,
and now I only have a couple of crashes a day with 10+ hours of
playback. I'll get in touch with the gst-python and gstreamer guys and
try to track them down.

Likely suspects would be the iradio-handling in gnomevfssrc, try to
comment out the iradio-stuff on line 152-156 of src/lib/media.py and see
if it helps.

> - if both python-gst and python-gst0.10 are installed,
>   startup will fail asking for >= 0.10. If one then removes
>   python-gst it all works fine.

Yes, this has been fixed in version 0.0.3.

> - also maybe use HIG spacing in the dialogs ?

Ah, indeed. Thought I had, but apparently not - should be fixed now.

> But once again, very cool! :D

Great :) Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements.

--
Erik Grinaker <erikg codepoet no>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/

enthusiastic about."