Re: [Muine] Muine Tango Icon

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:32:50 -0800
 Peter Johanson <latexer gentoo org> wrote:

I'd love to see what autotools/packaging foo other applications shipping tango icons are doing, or maybe see a patch that included this build
logic, to get a feel for the real issues.

There aren't many applications that ship Tango icons yet. There is Evolution and Banshee as far a I know. Maybe you should drop by at #tango on irc.freenode.org, there are a lot of programmers there, ask Rodney Dawes (dobey) from Novell, he's working on the technical background of Tango, he'll know what to do.:)

On a general note, I personally am for shipping a tango
icon(s) in some
way or another. At the same time, I do really like the current bass clef icon we have (as a former bass trombone player, that clef holds a special place in my heart), and I'm sure folks not jumping on the tango band wagon would like to continue to have the current icon around. As such, I'd prefer to have a solution that included both icons, or let them be configurable at configure time, or something else.

-pete

When I look in my distro (Fedora), I see a lot of "old" icons in /usr/share/pixmaps (the default location for choosing a custom icon) from applications. Maybe it can be put there.

Hylke Bons