Re: [Muine] mockups 0.2

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 12:20 +0100, Joachim Beckers wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:21 +0100, Erik Grinaker wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 17:19 +0100, Joachim Beckers wrote:
> > > So I gimped up some mockups again, taking into consideration the
> > > comments made before. The mockups are available on
> > > http://home.versateladsl.be/beckers.p/joachim.beckers/images/0.2/
> >
> > Ok, this looks much better. A few minor issues:
> >
> > - Play / Add Album (and Song): pick either Play or Add, using both seems
> > a bit strange. I'd go for Play myself.
>
> I know, but I couldn't choose which one to keep.

I think Play is better, since playing a song/album is what you really
want to do, but that's more a matter of taste I guess. But any is better
than both :)

> > - Place Hide Window above the Quit item, as it's somewhat related, and
> > since we're talking about hiding the playlist window (hence it belongs
> > on the playlist menu).
>
> Well, "Hide window" is actually added by the muine systray plugin, so it
> would go into tools automatically. I don't know if it can be done
> otherwise.

Ok, nothing to do about that then. Not really a huge crisis.

> > - Import folder: perhaps this should be placed in the Playlist or Song
> > menu, to make it easier to find - especially because it's essential to
> > use it when you first start Muine. Either that, or Muine should ask for
> > a dir to import on startup if the database is empty.
>
> I think muine does that already (it's been a long time since I had an
> empty db to start with.) If not, showing the Import window at the first
> start definately is the way to go. In any case: "importing songs" is not
> an operation on a song or playlist, so it should be in the Tools menu
> IMO.

Yeah, it probably fits better in the Tools menu. But Muine doesn't seem
to ask you to import when starting it the first time, which it really
should do.

> > - Remove the separator in the Help menu, for consistency and because the
> > HIG really hates single-item groups. Would also call the menu item
> > Contents instead of Help, since that's what the HIG says.
>
> Agreed.

Good :) Sorry again for being a HIG-nazi, hehe.

--
Erik Grinaker <erikg codepoet no>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/

enthusiastic about."