Re: [Muine] mockups 0.2

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:21 +0100, Erik Grinaker wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 17:19 +0100, Joachim Beckers wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > So I gimped up some mockups again, taking into consideration the
> > comments made before. The mockups are available on
> > http://home.versateladsl.be/beckers.p/joachim.beckers/images/0.2/
>
> Ok, this looks much better. A few minor issues:
>
> - Play / Add Album (and Song): pick either Play or Add, using both seems
> a bit strange. I'd go for Play myself.

I know, but I couldn't choose which one to keep.

> - Place Hide Window above the Quit item, as it's somewhat related, and
> since we're talking about hiding the playlist window (hence it belongs
> on the playlist menu).

Well, "Hide window" is actually added by the muine systray plugin, so it
would go into tools automatically. I don't know if it can be done
otherwise.

> - Import folder: perhaps this should be placed in the Playlist or Song
> menu, to make it easier to find - especially because it's essential to
> use it when you first start Muine. Either that, or Muine should ask for
> a dir to import on startup if the database is empty.

I think muine does that already (it's been a long time since I had an
empty db to start with.) If not, showing the Import window at the first
start definately is the way to go. In any case: "importing songs" is not
an operation on a song or playlist, so it should be in the Tools menu
IMO.

> - Remove the separator in the Help menu, for consistency and because the
> HIG really hates single-item groups. Would also call the menu item
> Contents instead of Help, since that's what the HIG says.

Agreed.

Joachim