Re: [Muine] Feature Requests/Usability Improvements

P�hu, Jan 12, 2006 at 09:53:26AM +0000, Jonathan Wright skrev:
> Thomas McMahon wrote:
> >First of all is the "Play" button. When you are playing a song it
> >still says "Play" but the actual action when you click it is to pause
> >the song. I don't have a problem with the behaviour, in fact it is
> >pretty standard that "Play" buttons also perform the "Pause" function.
> >My problem with it is that it should actually say "Pause" because that
> >is what it actually does.
>
> Actually, I agree with that - makes sense anyway! :)

The current buton behaviour is very well designed. Button labels that change
over time is a Really Bad Thing [tm]. The toggle button makes it perfectly
clear that the "Play" functionality is enabled when the button is in the
"pressed" state.

I would strongly oppose any change to the current behaviour. I will
definitly revert the patch in my local tree :)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

you gotta hold on to something you believe       -- electric light orchestra