Re: [Muine] Muine does not start

P�un, Nov 06, 2005 at 09:49:34PM +0100, Fabian Zeindl skrev:
> Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> > You really should run one, since many GNOME applications use the session bus
> > for IPC (evince, gnome-power-manager, gnome-screensaver to name a few).

> Hm, I did
> dbus-daemon --session
> now, and muine still displays the error.

You'll have to wrap your

  exec gnome-session

or whatever you use to start gnome in a dbus-launch call, so that it looks like

  exec dbus-launch gnome-session

Alternatively, you can run a bus that is only used by applications started
from your current terminal by typing:

  `eval dbus-launch`

into your terminal. Make sure you use `` (backticks) instead of '' (single
quotes).

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

don't hate me :: i'm not special like you :: i'm so alone  -- porcupine tree