Re: [Muine] iRadio mockup

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 14:27 +0100, Lee Willis wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 14:51 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> Just to through a small spanner in the works. Are we assuming here that
> users will only ever want to listen to streaming audio that is
> continuous, ie Internet streamed "radio stations"?
>
>  I quite often to individual songs streamed from various places
> (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley/ is a favourite). It would good to
> have support for these in any "streaming audio" (Rather than just
> iRadio) player. This would mean you could easily want next, previous
> etc. The complication then is that, assuming you could associate
> album/artist/title metadata with streams, these files are actually
> better suited in the muine "playlist" approach, rather than the iRadio
> approach we appear to have been discussing so far.[1]

I think internet radio and streaming single audio files are different
things. Internet radio is about listening to different stations of
continuous music, so a station selector makes a lot of sense.

Single streaming files however I tend to just play in totem. Totem here
launches when I click a streaming media link from epiphany, and that's
totally fine for me .. I don't need anything else there. That's usually
one-time listening stuff, need no playlist or anything- and if I really,
*really* want to queue some streaming media files up I can always use
totem's playlist feature.