Re: [Muine] iRadio mockup

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 14:51 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 14:19 +0200, Viet Yen Nguyen wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 13:29, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> >

> > > - Whats the point of the radio icon on the left?
> > > - You can't pause radio streams, only stop them
> > > - Why have prev/next?
> > >
> > > I did a mockup myself too: http://huizen.dds.nl/~jbaayen/iradio.png

Just to through a small spanner in the works. Are we assuming here that
users will only ever want to listen to streaming audio that is
continuous, ie Internet streamed "radio stations"?

 I quite often to individual songs streamed from various places
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley/ is a favourite). It would good to
have support for these in any "streaming audio" (Rather than just
iRadio) player. This would mean you could easily want next, previous
etc. The complication then is that, assuming you could associate
album/artist/title metadata with streams, these files are actually
better suited in the muine "playlist" approach, rather than the iRadio
approach we appear to have been discussing so far.[1]

Thoughts?

Lee
[1] The alternative would be researching rtsp support in gstreamer and
just rip them to local files - but that's not very copyright friendly ;)