Re: [Muine] Suggestions for a (hopefully) nicer muine

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 15:08 +0000, Lee Willis wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 12:16, Maynard Kuona wrote:
> > 1. Could you Muine be made to respond to media keys when in the
> > background or hidden in the notification area.
>
> This is already planned - it's mentioned in the top-level TODO file. I
> believe someone *is* working on it, however there's no ETA just yet ...

I tried to implement this, but I couldnt get it to work..  :(

> > 3. Is there any way for muine to identify when 'two albums are the same
> > album' I sometimes get multiple entries for what is essentially the same
> > album. More like, it the artist and the album name are the same, then it
> > is the same album.
>
> Muine should always see them as one album if they have the same :-
>
> - Artist
> - Title
> - Performers[1]
>
> Can you give examples where that isn't the case? A list of the ID3 tags
> on two files would be useful (Using something like id3v2 or similar)

The logic here is a bit different, because, there are cases where one
album contains tracks by different artists.

However, if we just compare album names, albums like "Greatest hits" end
up wrong. One person might have multiple "Greatest hits" albums.

So, we came up with something that seems to work reasonably well.

If the directory the song resides in AND the album name are the same,
they are grouped together.

So, if they are not grouped together, it probably means the songs reside
in different dirs.

Jorn

PS- I hope to be able to reply the other mails soon, I'm rather swamped
atm unfortunately :(