Re: [Muine] Regarding Internet Radio and Audio CDs

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 03:51, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> >Plus, is it really that hard to open
> >Multimedia->Music player or Multimedia->Radio?
> >Why not Multimedia->Play audio cd?
> > I'm sorry, but that is just crack ;) It's hacking aroudn the mix of
> > concepts. Bad bad bad!
>
> I don't think so. There should not be a different concept for audiocds,
> radio and local music. It is all music, they should be handled from the same
> app and seemlessly.

You are right when you say that music is music and Muine should handle
it. The problem is how to handle it properly. The concept is now that
every action and view is ordered by the hierarchical concept of albums,
songs. It is a natural way to order certain kinds of music (CD's, a
whole collection), but not audiostreams.

Audiostreams do not have songs and albums. From an users point of view,
audiostreams are actually easier to understand. The only thing you could
do with audiostreams is to pause, play or remove them. This structure is
completely different compared to that of Muine and that is why there is
not (yet) a clean way to support it.

It is actually easier to write an application for audiostreams...
gnomoradio does something like that.

Viet Yen