Re: [Muine] Regarding Internet Radio and Audio CDs

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 23:37, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> As I said above, music is music, no matter if it comes from your hard drive
> or from a distant
> server and so it should be treated by the same application that "plays
> music". With the same logic, I believe that Audio CDs should also be made
> available to the users (File/Play Audio CD).

Why not Multimedia->Play audio cd?

One click less, and it doesn't clutter up the UI of any app. Audio CD
player can have a UI perfectly suited for playing audio cds, a radio app
perfect for browing stations, etc. And no concepts are being mixed up.

> Regarding Internet Radio in specific, when someone clicks on the "Add
> Stream" button as in my mockup, it would be good to load a dialog where the
> user can either enter .m3u, .pls, or other internet playlist format OR a
> plain URL of a stream or a supported file format over the net. Also, during
> the daily folder scanning, it would be good if these files are added
> automatically when found.

Ehm.. bloat ..

> Because the stream is supposed to be added in the playlist, it doesn't make
> sense to have an internet radio that never ends and below it in the playlist
> have normal local songs, because in this scenario, the locals songs will
> never be played, cause the stream never ends. So, I suggest that in the
> dialog where you enter a new internet playlist or URL, to also have a
> drop-down option box like this:
>
> Play stream:
> -- for 5 minutes
> -- for half an hour
> -- for one hour
> -- continuously
>
> The default should be 5 minutes, which is the normal time of a normal song,
> so a stream is treated like a single song.

I'm sorry, but that is just crack ;) It's hacking aroudn the mix of
concepts. Bad bad bad!

Jorn