Re: [Muine] Some UI comments

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 20:39 +0100, Lars Weber wrote:

> Jorn Baayen <jorn nl linux org> wrote:
> > --
> > Curse upon iron
> > Veljo Tormis
> > 2000
> > Performed by the Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir
> > --
> >
> > Ugh. So bloated looking.
>
> Ok, so just forget about displaying the year then ... it seems that I'm
> pretty alone in finding such information useful anyway :-)

It sucks though, to leave the problem unsolved...

But anyway, like I said before, the idea is that eventually muine will
be able to just play the music you want without manually having to find
soimething that suits your mood. Of course, you should still be able to
find exactly the music you want, just like now (and that interface wont
change!), but I hope that eventually the need to mentally parse all
kinds information including year to get an idea of the style won't be
necessary anymore.

> Maybe I'll try to play a little with different ways of displaying
> additional information myself later and then let you know if I come up
> with anything I consider useful.

K. :)

> Generally however I like to see you beeing so conservative about things,
> Jorn, even if that means my own suggestions are rejected!  In fact, at one
> point you nearly even made me think that displaying the year is in fact a
> bad idea for my own personal use ...  ;-)

Wow ;) How did I do that? ;)

Cheers

Jorn