Re: [Muine] Groups and the main UI

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 09:36, Việt Yên Nguyễn wrote:

> > > I got bored ;)
> > >
> > > http://localgod.net/~enntee/muine/mockup.jpg
> >
> > Hmm. I kinda like it. Neat idea. I might like to see this discussed and
> > expanded upon a bit.
>
> I believe the mockup is quite good, but it does confuses a little. How
> do you create groups? And how do you want to fill them on a friendly
> way? This probably will require another window and thus increased mental
> states.

I think it is fine like this actually.. selecting groups and editing
groups are different things. Selecting groups is an everyday task,
people maybe have one or two big group editing sessions. Bloating the
selection interface with editing features would be unnecssary, i think
..

> I personally prefer to get rid of the "playlist" concept. As playlists
> and groups are actually the same: you want to play a certain set of
> songs which you are in the mood for. To make this happen the right way,
> we should devise a new and more logical term for this...

Well, there is a difference. Playlists are ordered, groups are not-
groups are really just collections. But groups could very easily be used
instead of playlists my most people, yes. But I think making groups
orderable does not make much sense.. So I think we should keep the
open/save playlist stuff.

Jorn