Re: [Muine] Groups and the main UI

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 09:23, Link Dupont wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 15:49, enntee wrote:
> > > If this sounds at all interesting (or if I've completely failed to
> > > visualize), I'd be happy to do a mockup of what I'm talking about.
> >
> > I got bored ;)
> >
> > http://localgod.net/~enntee/muine/mockup.jpg
>
> Hmm. I kinda like it. Neat idea. I might like to see this discussed and
> expanded upon a bit.

I believe the mockup is quite good, but it does confuses a little. How
do you create groups? And how do you want to fill them on a friendly
way? This probably will require another window and thus increased mental
states.

I personally prefer to get rid of the "playlist" concept. As playlists
and groups are actually the same: you want to play a certain set of
songs which you are in the mood for. To make this happen the right way,
we should devise a new and more logical term for this...

Secondly, it should be implemented in such a way, that users who don't
understand the notion of groups shouldn't be bothered with. A empty
default group is a nice way to do it. These users will use the empty
group as it is a playlist.

I believe that groups actually work the same way as bookmarks, they are
an user-categorised system filled with items of interest of the user. As
with default bookmarks groups (like Epiphany) I think having default
music groups is a good idea. I think that by genre as Jorn proposed is a
very friendly way to have.

Well, I have worked out a GUI (yet), I am too busy now on real life
stuff to do that.

Việt Yên