Re: What would you do to encourage application developers on GNOME Mobile?

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 11:24 +0300, Quim Gil wrote:
> ext Jamie Bennett wrote:
> > It is well known that Gtk+ and Clutter will be used for the first
> > iteration, it is also well known that Gtk+ and Clutter will be replaced
> > by Qt after this release.
>
> Source? At least this is not well known by me.  :) GTK+/Clutter are
> supposed to be in future releases as well.

There has been numerous discussions about Qt being the main toolkit for
future releases, I'm sure you know that ;) I was not saying Gtk+ and
Clutter would be banished, just put on the back-seat.

Anyway, this is not productive as a Gnome Mobile discussion so I'll stop
talking about it.

> The question for the GNOME project is whether it wants to make sure that
> GNOME technologies will be available for developers in that platform. If
> we talk about mobile platforms, what are the implications for GNOME of
> not using MeeGo as a reference platform?

Gnome would have to fund some other existing initiative or create a
community around one?

> Are there better strategic candidates to choose?

At the moment, not really, but that doesn't mean one cannot
materialize/be created.

Regards,
Jamie.

--