Re: What would you do to encourage application developers on GNOME Mobile?

Hi,

ext Jamie Bennett wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 22:43 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:

>>> I too would like to know the final word on this.  I keep hearing
>>> whispers of GTK+/Clutter in Meego, but nothing solid.
>> Gtk+/Clutter is listed here:
>> http://meego.com/developers/meego-architecture
>> and thats what moblin uses for the UI also.
>
> It is well known that Gtk+ and Clutter will be used for the first
> iteration, it is also well known that Gtk+ and Clutter will be replaced
> by Qt after this release.

Source? At least this is not well known by me.  :) GTK+/Clutter are
supposed to be in future releases as well.

No idea about the long term. But even if a library is not officially
supported at some point the maintainers can still support it themselves,
right?

The question for the GNOME project is whether it wants to make sure that
GNOME technologies will be available for developers in that platform. If
we talk about mobile platforms, what are the implications for GNOME of
not using MeeGo as a reference platform? Are there better strategic
candidates to choose?

--
Quim Gil
open source advocate