Re: Summary of GNOME Mobile session in SF?

Hi,

Nils Faerber wrote:
We need volunteers to work with Ross to update the architecture diagram, to
add some examples & descriptions of GNOME Mobile based platforms to the
website, and to write some short notes on the various components. Anyone
have some time over the next couple of weeks?
Count me in.  I'm not much of an artist, but I'll help out with the
arch diagrams and related tasks once we have a better idea of what
they should look like.

The arch diagram that is currently on the web page looks very nice but
is hard to maintain.

"Looks nice" is a feature.

Especially if you buy into Lefty's view that GNOME Mobile is essentially a marketing exercise.

I originally wanted to start something like this but still wait for my
Gnome account to get activated. I thought it should not take that long.
I will write up something offline and send it to Dave/Stormy so they can
hopefully upload it.

I will ping the accounts team about your account, in the meantime, please don't wait, start getting gnomeweb-wml and making changes & send me patches.

Oh well, this is in my court and I have to apologize for the delay - we
are preparing for LinuxTag next week (BTW, does anyone from Gnome/mobile
intend to visit LinuxTag http://www.linuxtag.org ?)

You mean "anyone else", right? :)

One other thing - could I have a volunteer from each of the following projects to write me a one paragraph summary of the platform and its relationship to GNOME for the mobile web-page? It seems like the way to get progress on this is to crowd-source it:

Platforms:

* Maemo
* Moblin
* LiMo
* Poky Linux
* ALP
* Sugar
* Ubuntu Mobile/Netbook remix

Devices:

* BUG
* Vernier LabQuest
* SuperSonic Aixplorer (more a vertical/embedded app than a mobile device)
* Nokia N series internet tablets
* Garmin Nüvi 880
* FreeRunner?
* OLPC XO (perhaps one entry for both Sugar and the XO?)

Am I missing any obvious candidates?

Cheers,
Dave.

--