Re: Summary of GNOME Mobile session in SF?

Mike Turquette schrieb:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Dave Neary<dneary gnome org> wrote:
>> Did anyone have anything to add/take away from/modify in Nils's notes?
> It still seems to me that the biggest impediment to GM is the lack of
> clarity regarding what the scope of work and deliverables should be.
> I could probably go on about this for a while, but this thread may not
> be the right venue.

Hmm... well, why not?
As long as it is not offensive I personally see no reason to hide views
from the others. And it is an issue which seems to bother many of us, if
not all.

>> We need volunteers to work with Ross to update the architecture diagram, to
>> add some examples & descriptions of GNOME Mobile based platforms to the
>> website, and to write some short notes on the various components. Anyone
>> have some time over the next couple of weeks?
> Count me in.  I'm not much of an artist, but I'll help out with the
> arch diagrams and related tasks once we have a better idea of what
> they should look like.

The arch diagram that is currently on the web page looks very nice but
is hard to maintain.
I would vote for a simple table, or several tables, one for each layer.
There we could also mention the current versions, link to internal and
external sources etc.
I originally wanted to start something like this but still wait for my
Gnome account to get activated. I thought it should not take that long.
I will write up something offline and send it to Dave/Stormy so they can
hopefully upload it.

> Also I've been in touch with Stormy regarding the Netbook Usability
> Study, which isn't GM per se, but it is related.  I think a solid
> action we could take so have a call for submissions for a short
> description of what GM should be.  After going through the submissions
> then the community could pick out the best ideas from each and finally
> solidify on that.  There is still no solid idea of what the project's
> scope is, so that seems like the most important thing to knock out
> first.
>
> Also, when is the "SFO Call for Action" mail supposed to go out?  I
> was originally planning to wait for that email to respond with my
> thoughts.

Oh well, this is in my court and I have to apologize for the delay - we
are preparing for LinuxTag next week (BTW, does anyone from Gnome/mobile
intend to visit LinuxTag http://www.linuxtag.org ?)
It is not forgotten! I am working on it but it still take some days, sorry!

>> Cheers,
>> Dave.
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de