Re: GNOME Mobile 2009: what do you want to see?

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:33 -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:
> Your name:

Ross Burton

Intel, specifically the Open Source Technology Centre, working on
Moblin.

> How long you've been hanging out here:

Since the first meeting at GUADEC in Vilanova, which was in June 2006.

> Why you are interested in GNOME Mobile:

Mobile is a serious growth area with very interesting work going on,
covering smartphones, MIDs and netbooks.  Oh, and it's cool.

> How you plan to use GNOME Mobile:

GNOME Mobile is a core component in Moblin.

> What you plan to contribute:

As Paul has said, Intel maintain several of the GNOME Mobile components.
Personally, I'm the (intermittent) Mobile Release Manager.

> What'd you like to see from GNOME Mobile:

More innovation, more upstreaming of patches, more working together.
We're getting there.

Ross
--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre