Re: GNOME Mobile 2009: what do you want to see?

Hi Stormy,

I guess I'll kick things off :-)

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:33 -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:
[snip]
> Your name:

Paul Cooper

Intel, I help out with the Moblin Community amongst other things.

> How long you've been hanging out here:

About a year.

> Why you are interested in GNOME Mobile:

Because it's where the interesting, exciting and challenging work is!

> How you plan to use GNOME Mobile:

Personally I use GNOME Mobile on my N800, and as part of Moblin running
on my netbook.

WRT to Moblin, GNOME Mobile is at the core of our platform,

http://moblin.org/documentation/moblin-overview/foundations

> What you plan to contribute:

We (Intel) already contribute to the maintenance of many GNOME (Mobile)
modules, and several that are in incubation (Clutter, GUPnP, Geoclue,
Gypsy). We also work on the various underlying bits that make devices
work, such as the Linux kernel, X.org and all sorts inbetween.

> What'd you like to see from GNOME Mobile:

We're on track to have cranked out two stable releases, so the next
cycle I'd like to see some new modules added to the platform.

Additionally we have spent a lot of time at previous GNOME Mobile
meetings discussing/ranking what our missing features are, e.g. Sync,
GSM/VOIP telephony stack, power-management, etc - it would be nice if we
could work together to figure out how to attack one or more of these.

> I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the list!

Me too!

Paul