OSCon proposal

Hi all,

I have submitted a proposal for OSCon 2009 on GNOME Mobile:

"GNOME Mobile"

heart of an increasing number of mobile Linux platforms. We will present
the genesis of the initiative, the state of the art, and our plans for
the project, as we become increasingly relevant to free software mobile
developers.

Abstract:
As Linux is increasingly adopted on mobile and embedded platforms,
numerous rich application frameworks have emerged. Many are heavily
proprietary frame-buffer based, but increasingly, free software-based
frameworks are emerging as heavyweights in the domain.

Technologies which have grown from the GNOME project, such as GTK+,
Clutter, and D-Bus, are at the heart of many of these free software
based frameworks. Through the GNOME Mobile initiative, we encourage
collaboration on common desktop components which are used in the
embedded and mobile space, and ensure that the needs of embedded
developers are central to the design of these components.

We will present the genesis of the initiative, an overview of the
distributions and devices which ship with these GNOME technologies at
their core, and will highlight some of our priorities for the project in
the near future.

Cheers,
Dave.

--