Re: [mobile-devel-list]About Glib

Hi,

Dejun.Liu wrote:
> I hava tried the poky linux ,but I want to modify the Glib source ,how
> should i do.
> sorry for such a question..

You can find the glib sources here: http://git.gnome.org/cgit/glib/

You can find out more about getting GNOME source code at
http://live.gnome.org/Git

Specifically, getting glib source code is done with:

   git clone git://git.gnome.org/glib

You can make checking out GNOME code easier by using this:

    git config --global url.git://git.gnome.org/.insteadof gnome:

Then you can just do

    git clone gnome:glib

Then you can change away! You'll need to cross-compile and install glib
on your Poky, or if you can afford the space, just compile it natively
in poky & install it, so that you can test.

To see which branches are available

    git branch -r

You can get a specific branch or version of git with the command:

    git checkout -b glib-2-12 origin/glib-2-12

(using glib-2-12 as an example).

As an aside, this page should really be linked from
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove, http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome,
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove/HowToStart%20En and
http://www.gnome.org/~newren/tutorials/developing-with-gnome/ (which
still mentions CVS for source control). I spent a while looking for it
navigating from the front page & following any links that looked like
"get started developing". Not mentioned anywhere.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary