Re: GUPnP and PulseAudio

Second, because GNOME Mobile as an initiative has grown out of practice
- we got together because many people were using GNOME technologies in
mobile environments, as a way to brainstorm on what was needed for this
usecase, and as a way to co-operate on making it happen.

So from its inception, GNOME Mobile has been following practice, rather
than setting an agenda. And as far as I know, PulseAudio has not yet
gained universal acceptance among GNOME Mobile participants.

That may change in future releases, and indeed GNOME Mobile may move
from centralising effort in shared components to setting an agenda and
encouraging the adoption of free software components not currently in
common use. But we're not there yet.

Are GNOME Mobile technologies a stack then? Things all the vendors use? Or is it a collection of the most commonly used that people pick and choose from? If it's the latter, then I think we ought to include anything we think is good enough for mobile use and suggest a stack.

I think if we just follow what is already being used, we won't be a leader and other technologies, that might not work as well as GNOME's or fit so well with ours, will become standard.

Thoughts?

Stormy