Re: X for gnome mobile

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 18:34 +0200, Sinan Can wrote:
> Do you mean that we need kdrive no more?

Most embedded devices still use kdrive because its simpler to build and
configure.  Whilst many embedded devices have enough flash that they can
run the full server, if kdrive is sufficient (and it has the trinity of
Render/Damage/Composite) it is an excellent choice.

> What do you think about the phone openmoko? Do they use kdrive or
> conventional x server?

OpenMoko uses kdrive.

Ross
--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/