Re: [mlview-list] Website updates

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:59 -0400, Scott White wrote:

Hello everybody

> > Also, after some further discussions with Philippe Mechai,
> > I have made some minor changes to the roadmap we came out with.
> > We are now planning for example to have a splash screen ;-) .
> >

> yes, splash screens rock

I don't know if splash screen is a good thing :
It's useful when a soft take time to load some components (like
evolution) but for light soft like mlview, it not really useful, except
for cosmetic.
However we can make a small contest for the splash. :)

> > I also think that each milestone version number should increase the
> > minor number: e.g: 0.7.0, 0.8.0, 0.9.0 etc ...
> > Micro version number increases will reflect intermediate bug fix
> > releases .
> > What do you think about that ?

yes like the core soft of the Gnome Desktop or the Linux kernel, we can
adopt the par number for stable release et add for unstable/devel.

Regards.