Re: Exceptions to renewals / new memberships processing during elections

On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 20:09 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:47:14PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Indeed. But perhaps the Membership Committee can make it harder for a
member to make the mistake of not applying in time. For instance, what
if the duration of membership was changed so that it never, ever expired
in the same month as an election? Either shorten it to 23 months or
extend it to 25 months.
uhh. I haven't looked it up but I think it's hardcoded in the bylaws. So
we would have to do some surgery there. I don't think it's worth it.
Also, the query to get all active members, which is used in several
places, hard codes a two years interval.

We have amended the bylaws in the past; we can certainly do it again.
Resolving this conflict of membership periods vs. voting periods sounds
totally worthwhile.

Board members, what do we need to do this?

  Federico