Re: Re: Exceptions to renewals / new memberships processing during elections

I fully agree that checking your personal membership status is not something you should do every week but adding a little reminder on your phone or your computer when your renewal takes place is something that is worth doing.

Still, one's phone reminder might still ring when it's too late to vote. I definitely see Andrew and Joanie's point here. While the currently existing reminders are of great help, they might not be enough for protecting the Foundation Members from not being able to vote.

The problem when renewing a membership during the election run is the impossibility to create new voting tokens without impacting the ones being created already.

Considering this constraint, I think we could improve the process by sending, along with the elections announcement, a list of members that will need renewal during the elections period. We can also set a deadline, prior to the elections, for renewals and new applications, so that we can guarantee everything runs as smooth as possible. This way, anyone whose membership expiration falls within the elections period would have a chance to anticipate the renewal and therefore vote.

Best,
- Fabiana