Re: Timeline for the upcoming elections

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 11:50 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
On 04/18/12 07:56 AM, Tobias Mueller wrote:
On 18.04.2012 00:22, Brian Cameron wrote:
 I just sent out the call for elections,
Seen it. Nice. Thanks. Less work for me*yay*

You haven't however, mentioned when the new Board will take over.
That's what you wanted to have mentioned as per
mid:4F42DE3C 90909 oracle com

Yes I know that I suggested that we should mention this in the
calendar, but I think it is mostly important for the board to
keep track of this date, not the general Foundation community.

I think it would be good the community be aware of this.  For a
candidate it would be good to know when they would be able to vote, as
well that might give a hint to the next board be aware of the dates.
Also, it helps to the community to understand better (although it were
just a bit) how the board works.

For a big group of people how the board works is a black box.  Moreover,
most new candidates do not even know what they could propose that is
feasible to do.  Therefore, any information that makes the process more
transparent to them is good.

--
GermÃn PÃo-CaamaÃo
http://people.gnome.org/~gpoo/