Re: [gnome.org #11830] GNOME Membership Application of Dr.Saikat Gochhait (sgochhait AT yahoo.co.in)

Hi GNOME community,

I second Fred's comment and inform you that I am NOT recommending Saikat to
become a member of your Foundation.

Saikat wanted to deploy OLPC's XO laptop in India, but I have no ideas about
his background and he is not officially affiliated with OLPC. More about I
can not find his contribution to either OLPC and GNOME.

Sometime people just mention OLPC for their personal reference, though OLPC
is deeply engaged in GNOME development and deployment through over 2.1
Million XO laptops in 40 developing or least developed countries up to date.

As the Executive Director of Asia at OLPC, I am interested in supporting
GNOME and Open Source activities in Asia, if any had any related event and
activities, Especially in East Asia, S.Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan.

Jay Lee
Executive Director of Asia
One Laptop Per Child (http://laptop.org)
Foundation and Association