Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2009 - Preliminary results

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo<diegoe gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 10:58 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

Stormy Peters wrote:
I too think the election committee should just decide.

(From board discussions, I'm pretty confident they wanted to do it
however Maemo does it, but at this point I think the election committee
should decide.)

I'd replace "decide" with "clarify" here - it's clear there was an
intention, and now we're in something of a niche situation, where we
just need a clarification from the committee what method they intended
to use - then we just count with that.

I disagree, afaik we just directly re-used the code received from through you (iirc). Which in your March elections used this
same system:

Indeed you had a discussion after the results, although I haven't
checked if you later did some change regarding the results.

IMVHO what happened was that we just thought "preferential voting" and
not went into the details, at the Board level and highly likely at the
MC level. I wouldn't say there was specific blame or ill intention in
any of the people involved (you, mc, board).

For what it is worth, I think I assumed STV, but I also think that
you're right that it was never formally discussed at board level, and
certainly was not communicated to the membership committee. This is
purely my fault, since I was the one pushing for it at the board
level. :(


P.S. Sorry I've been AWOL, but bar exam study has been very
distracting, and I did not realize until today that this thread was
significant beyond the first email. For what it is worth, from a quick
skim of the thread, I think I mostly just agree with Dave N.'s

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]