Re: [RFC] (re)working the http://live.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee page

Hi,

On 11/10/07, Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr> wrote:

Sankarshan is working on the wiki page, and I think he can help you an
you can cooperatively give that section necessary love.

Nod. However, would the wiki page rewrite be an important task before
the elections ? The rewrite draft was sent to this list to ensure that
all new members have a quick update on what's the deal :) However, I
will (on Monday/Tuesday my time) put the content and re-organize the
top level wiki page for the Membership Committee. Need to learn Moin
again (fiddling with Trac seems to have made me forget Moin syntax)

But since we're in election period, we have some stuff to do as I
announced in welcome e-mail. If you want you can prepare questions for
candidates, Sankarshan already sent probable questions, you can start
from there also check previous year's discussions on foundation-list
archive, and you need also post news asking questions to
gnomedesktop.org , slashdot, planet gnome (someone having blog with
comments can help you).

You need to be looking at the foundation-list archives from the period
of September till November each year to assess the questions.
Generally though the questions don't seem to change - more of open
ended questions trying to get the candidates to put their "vision" of
GNOME so that the voters/members can align with them and see if those
are achievable. Note: we need to come up with some technical questions
too - the draft set from mine are pretty strategy oriented and not
technical eg. we have no OOXML question in there :)

If you start working on it now, we would have good list of questions by
the time candidates are announced and we need to start debate.

Umm...the candidates for this year's elections - they have not been
announced have they ?

Can you do it?

If you need any help, just holler out on this mailing list and I'll chip in.

:sankarshan

--
From Untruth, lead me to the Truth,
From Darkness, Lead me towards the Light,