Re: Minutes of meeting - 2007/Mar/01

Sorry that I could not join the meeting, I couldn't be online on
Thursday and I could not find any chance to inform committee in advance,
terribly sorry.

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 17:09 +0200, Lucas Rocha wrote:
Hei,

Here are the minutes I took from the meeting we had today.

Cheers!

--lucasr

=========================

Present:
 Lucas
 Sankarshan
 Vincent

Missing:
 Izabel
 Baris
 Clytie

Minutes:

 * Vincent suggested to add the status page link in the automatic reply
        for people who applied for membership
   ACTION: Sankarshan to add the link to the default RT response

 * Lucas and Izabel don't have accounts yet.
Neither do I for mango. Bkor should have sent my password but I think
something went bad and I had to leave urgently. I'll check about it once
again, and ask about other accounts while I'm on it. Can Izabel and
Lucas please mail ticket ids for your account requests to me?

 * Queue Status: 4 NEW, 18 OPEN (4 old ones and 4 ready to be RESOLVED)
   ACTION: Sankarshan to handle pending requests of the queue

 * ACTION: Lucas to add status page link to MC page (DONE, during meeting)

 * ACTION: Sankarshan to ask sysadmins if it's possible to have a script to
        subscribe someone to foundation-announce
Indeed it's possible with mango (ie. php) provided that we put admin
password into mango (hardcoded). Maybe you better ask that part as well,
would it threaten the security - as if mango source is publicly
available or not. Though, I'm not very very sure that that's best way to
do this.

AOB:

 * Sankarshan asked if a MC member could request membership. Vincent said
        that MC people are supposed to be foundation members. This should be
        documented in MC page.
    ACTION: Lucas to document about MC being foundation member

 * Lucas said we should try to avoid defining tasks with no one assigned.

Completed actions from previous meeting:

 * ACTION: Vincent to send the admin password of foundation-announce to
        new committee members so they can subscribe members (DONE)

 * ACTION: Vincent to see how often the queue status page is updated
        http://www.gnome.org/~gpastore/membership.html (DONE)
   - Page moved to: http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/membership.html
We should update foundation.gnome.org web pages as well then, I've put
link of stats on about membership page, so I'll update the link.

 * ACTION: Sankarshan to look at the docs and see which ones are outdated and
        which need some update (DONE)

 * ACTION: Izabel and Lucas to read the Membership Committee docs
        http://live.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee (DONE)

 * ACTION: Lucas and Izabel to ping sysadmins to get their RT and Mango
        access Baris to help by pinging too (DONE, with no success)
See above.

Pending actions from previous meeting:

 * ACTION: Baris to work on the automatic mails (ON GOING)
Script looks fine now. I've put log into
http://www.gnome.org/~bcicek/renewal.log so we can follow whom received
notification.

I've also sent renewal notices to members whose membership expired in
last three months.

 * ACTION: someone to do the blue-sky feature (NOT DONE)
I'll propose some solution for that. We can either limit renewal script
to only read-only and we can use an on the fly hash creating with this
script. (using member last_renew_date and id and shared salt).

We can also use database to store hashes to be sent to members, and
mango would check that hashes. But this actions is not very sensitive at
all. (why would anyone would like to renew someone else membership
without his/her consent?). For that reason I ward of complex solutions,
better KISS.

Another blue-sky feature is to add election management into mango. I
think we better wait for improves election system discussion.

 * ACTION: someone to update the text on the application form to improve it
        and make it clearer that providing email addresses as contacts
        is really useful (NOT DONE)
I think I can come up with something but someone better check it. I'll
let you know once I update it.

 * ACTION: Vincent to look at the proposal to improve election process
        sent during last elections (NOT DONE, discussion started in
mailing list)

 * ACTION: someone to ask sysadmins if it's possible to have a script to
        subscribe someone to foundation-announce (NOT DONE)
See above.

--
My Regrets about not being able to present at the meeting.