Re: Minutes of meeting - 2007/Mar/01

Le vendredi 02 mars 2007, à 13:28, Baris Cicek a écrit :
 * ACTION: Sankarshan to ask sysadmins if it's possible to have a script to
        subscribe someone to foundation-announce
Indeed it's possible with mango (ie. php) provided that we put admin
password into mango (hardcoded). Maybe you better ask that part as well,
would it threaten the security - as if mango source is publicly
available or not. Though, I'm not very very sure that that's best way to
do this.

I don't think sysadmin will like the idea of having the password
hardcoded. Hrm. You can do what we do in
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/foundation-web/trunk/foundation.gnome.org/vote/include/election-sql.php?view=markup

That is:
if (is_readable ("/home/admin/secret/anonvoting")) {
  include ("/home/admin/secret/anonvoting");
  $has_config = TRUE;
}

I've also sent renewal notices to members whose membership expired in
last three months.

Cool!

 * ACTION: someone to do the blue-sky feature (NOT DONE)
I'll propose some solution for that. We can either limit renewal script
to only read-only and we can use an on the fly hash creating with this
script. (using member last_renew_date and id and shared salt).

I guess this means we'll be able to assign this action to you :-)

Another blue-sky feature is to add election management into mango. I
think we better wait for improves election system discussion.

Agree. We should probably keep an action for this, so we don't forget
about it. Or maybe put it on a TODO list.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.