Re: Concerns about the election process

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 09:23 -0300, GermÃn Poà CaamaÃo wrote:
No.  It's not easy really.  Just because the number of voters matches
the number of anon tokens listed, doesn't mean that unique tokens were
handed out to voters.  The results can be perturbed by handing out the
same token to more than one voter, and insert phony tokens with
arbitrary votes attached to them.

It is pretty hard that two voters receive the same token.

This statement is only true because we trust the elections committee.
Otherwise, I don't see why it's pretty hard to give two voters the same
token.  *That* is the point of this thread.

There's nothing we should rush for this year.  The point is /not/ that
the election committee cannot be trusted.  The point is, if we want to
have a system in which the voters do not have to trust the election
committee, then our current system does not qualify, and for the least,
it should not be advertised like it does.

Having the list of all voters and each voter checking his or her vote,
should be enough.  IMVHO, Any voter as member of foundation has the
moral obligation to check it.

As Ryan noted and I tried to explain, checking votes in the current
system means almost nothing.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/